Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hoppy Easter (yes, I know it was in April - I'm a little behind)


Here is a cute project that I did for the kids for Easter.  Since all our Easter stuff was in storage I decided to make some little crates rather than go buy new baskets.  I still haven't antiqued them yet, which is on my to-do list (vinegar, coffee, steel wool), but they are still cute until that happens.  This was another project inspired from www.littleblueboo.com  It was pretty fast and easy to do.  Reese's crate has a horse on the side, and James' crate has a tractor (kind of hard to tell in the picture).  All my supplies I got at Michaels and the Martha Stewart farm stencils were on sale.  I'll definitely be using them again since I have a major horse crazy girl and a tractor crazy boy.  It's been forever since I stenciled anything.  I was quite the crafter in middle school: painting wood objects, stencling, cross stitching, baskets...brought back memories.


 






The sock bunnies were from Little Blue Boo, too.  I got the socks at Target.  Aren't they adorable?  I was able to use the sock scraps and make rice bags with them (the ones you can heat up in the microwave or put in the freezer!)

And here we are in Denver for Easter weekend at Red Rocks.






No comments:

Post a Comment