Monday, March 1, 2010

Cute Little monsters

I've been so busy making hats and scarves the past few months that I haven't been sewing much else.  I got invited to a baby shower this weekend, but I already gave my friend a hat and scarf!  She had her little boy a month ago and has an older boy, so what do you get someone that probably has all she needs?  I made some cute burp rags out of cloth diapers.  If you haven't used this type yet, they are the best.  Someone gave me some and they are super absorbant and a little bigger than a regular cloth - perfect!  I actually love to make bias tape, but I'm not so great at putting it on, so if anyone has any pointers, let me know!  Then I made the Little Monster book ends.  I know she's putting some shelves in his room, so I thought this would be perfect.  I got the pattern from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing for Baby.  I've been wanting to try them out since I got the book.  Lotta stenciled on the faces, but putting ink or paint on my nicely sewn project kind of scared me.  I'm much more comfortable with applique!  At least if I mess up I just have to take it apart!  It was fun to start working on something else.  Now I just need to finish the quilt I started before Christmas for my little boy!
From Mountain Soleil

From Mountain Soleil

No comments:

Post a Comment